Let's go Fishing!
There will not be a regular meeting of Ames Anglers at 7 AM this Friday. If you still want to meet your fellow anglers come to the west Hy Vee in Ames at 8 AM this Friday for breakfast. Our next regular meeting will be Friday April 25th.
Ames Angler's Spring Swap Meet will be held Saturday, May 10th in the Jax Outdoors parking lot. Put this on your calendar and watch for details. Please note this change of date.
Check out member Jim Trow's Blog on walleye fishing on the Missouri River at Chamberlain, SD.
Member Chuck Beck has a new Web site for his new Canadian venture, Point O' Pines Outpost. You can see his new Web site by going to POPoutpost.com . Chuck will give a presentation on Point O' Pines at our Friday, April 25th meeting.
The Dakins Lake Fish Socking Fundraiser on Saturday, April 5th was a rousing success? Many club members attended. Ted Tedesco reported this past Friday that around $14,000 was raised.
A list of spring activities at Story County Conservation has been posted in the News section.
I posted in the Documents section the fish recipes that member and Chef Stewart Hinerfeld used for preparing the fish at our club fish dinner this past November. They were all great recipes and hopefully you can use one or more of them. if you want copies of a particular recipe I could send them to you. Also, if you have any outstanding recipes for cooking fish please send them to me and I will post them.
Member Steve Kadolph is making progress on improving our Photo Albums section in our Web site. A few more tweeks and it should be in order. Thanks to Steve for all of his hard work. Check into Steve's Blog from time to time to be updated on what he is doing.
Club Outings for 2014. The following club outings are being planned for 2014, with specific details included in the Documents section under Information on Club Outings. There are also PowerPoints on the 2013 trips to Minaki, Ash Rapids and Ashland included with the details. The PowerPoints will give you an idea of what those trips would be like. The itineraries for the Mississippi and Minaki trips were updated 3-4-14. Note: If you want to go on the outings to Green Valley and/or Truman Lake let Lee Huey know at email@example.com or call him at 515-231-2932. Specify if you want to be a boater or a rider.
- Mar 23-28: Mississippi Crappie Trip (see summary of trip in Lee's Blog)
- May 14th: Day trip to Green Valley Lake near Creston
- May 18-22: Truman Lake Spring Trip
- Jun 20-28: Minaki/Paradise Cove Canada trip
- Aug 10-16: Ash Rapids Lodge, Shoal Lake/Lake of the Woods, Canada
- Oct 12-16: Chequamegon Bay, Ashland, WI
- Les Wolfe has a new Blog posting on fishing the tailwaters of Red Rock for walleye. It is very interesting and should be a must read.
- Member Richard Janssen has reported in his Blog on fishing in Little Cayman. Check it out.
- Lee Huey has summarized the club's crappie fishing outing to Mississippi in the Blog section of the Web site.
Problems with Ames Anglers Web Site? Maybe we can help. For Web master Bob Parker see his Blog, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 515-733-4013. You can also call our assitant Web master Steve Kadolph at 515-708-1544 or E-mail him at email@example.com for help.